Design & Engineering
- Our design starts with computer-generated models that are created in 3D and the data transmits directly into another computer model software module for stress analysis. Once the model passes our stringent requirements for materials, life, and reliability which surpasses OEM requirements, the model moves on to the next CAM module - (Computer Aided Manufacturing). Here, a manufacturing engineering programmer creates machining data for our CNC Machining Centers to allow Computer Numerical Control manufacturing. The system is truly paperless.
- Our key components are designed from billet aluminum for strength, durability, quality, and surface finish. Most companies use casting technology…that's not good enough for HPS. We have mastered CNC manufacturing creating cost-effective designs that out-last and out-perform the competition. Quality is higher than casting with near zer
- failures using this manufacturing methodology.
- Our suppliers are key to our success, and are part of the design process. Most of our suppliers are strategically located within 100 miles of our headquarters in Orange County, California.
- Our modular approach eliminates the unknowns that can take place during product installation since most of the work has already been done for the installer. Key modules include the intercooler, supercharger, and upper and lower manifolds including the fuel rails and fuel injectors all preinstalled and pressure tested. The installer merely removes the vehicle intake manifold and replaces it with the HPS Supercharger module. The external intercooler radiator mounts with ease without having to remove the bumper.
- The average installation has been designed to take less than 16 hours with two- thirds less hardware than our original 'Bolt-on' system.
- Our team always selects fasteners and electrical hardware that equals or surpasses Mercedes-Benz OEM requirements.